The Nitrex process control system is a product of extensive R&D in process automation and enables accurate process execution and consistent results. The entire nitriding/nitrocarburizing process is automatic, self-adjusting, and operator-independent.
This expert system monitors and responds to changes in nitriding conditions by regulating the following parameters and operating functions:
- Furnace heating functions such as process temperature, and overheat control with automatic emergency procedures
- Atmosphere composition and cycle flow
- Nitriding atmosphere ratios
- Nitriding Potential KN (dissociation rate, for customer-defined cycles)
- Temperature for each process stage
- Gas pressure inside the retort
- Gas recirculation
- Execution of the cooling stage and shutdown
- Cooling water
- Process safety features
ENJOY PEACE OF MIND
With our “set and forget” process, the user selects the desired recipe from a library of researched and tested recipes and initiates a process. From there, all stages of the nitriding cycle (e.g., purge, heat, process control, cool) are automatically sequenced in one uninterrupted cycle, without further operator intervention. This setup provides a high degree of accuracy in process execution, contributing to consistent nitriding/nitrocarburizing results.