CONTROLLER: PROTHERM 470, 510, 610, 710
All controller options have similar control features and available options. The difference between the controllers is simply the size and type of interface. See the Protherm controller page or brochure for more details.
FORMAT: LIGHT SOLUTION
Our light control solutions package offers the most possible features and utilizes our specialized onboard IO cards. Light solutions include recipe control, process atmosphere, temperature and quench controls, digital chart recorder, batch production logs, and much more in one compact package. Light solutions can be customized for specific functions and additional control options or integrated with an existing PLC.
FORMAT: PLATE SOLUTION
Plate solutions include the Light Solution, plus a pre-wired electrical plate including relays and terminals for integration into an existing panel. The plate is designed to mount on the side or inside the door of an existing control panel. Plate solutions are ideal for replacing old controls without the cost of upgrading an existing panel’s power supply and motor control components. Plate solutions can be customized with a new PLC or communicate directly with an existing PLC.
FORMAT: PANEL SOLUTION
Panel solutions include the Light Solution, plus a pre-wired small electrical panel including relays and terminals for mounting near or on an existing panel or furnace. Panel solutions are ideal for replacing old controls without the cost of upgrading an existing panel’s power supply and motor control components. Panel solutions can be customized with a new PLC or communicate directly with an existing PLC.
FORMAT: FULL PANEL
Full panel control solutions include everything you need to completely update your existing furnace control panel. These packages include a full height control panel with power distribution, motor control, and control components. Full panel solutions are customized to meet your specific needs and functions and come with a new PLC.
MODULE: PROCESS ATMOSPHERE ANALYSIS
The process atmosphere module is based on the AccuCarb LTA or FurnaceDoctor FX. AccuCarb LTA is a specially designed oxygen probe for use in annealing atmospheres and the FurnaceDoctor FX stationary infrared analyzer is recommended for use with endothermic or exothermic gases. The FurnaceDoctor FX is a highly accurate system that measures CO, CO2, and hydrocarbons. If used in conjunction with UPC’s Protherm series of controllers, PF calculation is possible.
The AccuCarb LTA is an oxygen sensor designed specifically for annealing atmospheres and temperatures. While the electrode designs of standard oxygen probes fall short due to the high impedance of the device at annealing temperatures, the unique electrode contact and solid electrolyte substrate of the AccuCarb LTA resolves this problem. The sensor is also gas-tight for hydrogen applications to ensure safe operation.
- High accuracy and reliability
- Special low-temperature electrode assembly
- Gas-tight design for safety in hydrogen-based atmospheres
- Long sensor life
FurnaceDoctor FX Multi-Point Gas Analysis
FurnaceDoctor FX is suitable for installations using exothermic and endothermic gases. It provides complete 3-gas analysis (CO, CO2, CH4), and when used in conjunction with a Protherm instrument, offers the ability for PF control.
- Accurate, affordable infrared measurement of CO, CO2, and CH4
- Computation of % Carbon and expected oxygen probe millivolts
- Single- or multi-point measurements
- Built-in Ethernet
- Encrypted data – fully CQI 9 compliant
MODULE: PROCESS ATMOSPHERE CONTROL
Process gas lines are equipped with solenoid valves, check valves, manual valves, and electronic flow meters.
- N2 emergency flow line
- Purge flow monitoring device
- Electronic flow control of combustible gases
- Process lines are equipped with solenoid valves, manual valves, and electronic flow meters
- System is factory assembled, prewired, and tested
- Optional Safety features:
- Purge confirmation
- Safe admission temperatures
- Proof of flow
- Check valves
- Limiting orifice valves
- Automatic purge
- Accurate flow measurement and control
- Large, bright flow display
- Internal PID maintains constant flow to set point despite pressure variations
- Setpoint from control instrument or flow meter keyboard
- Built-in web server with historical alarm log
- Modbus/TCP communications standard
- High, Low, and deviation alarms
- Flow totalization
- Accessible by SCADA packages